Treaty 2 Territory – Monday, May 11, 2020, today we have no cases of COVID-19 in our Nations in the First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory. Many of our Nations have restricted outside visitors to their Nations. Members of each Nation are asked to exercise self-isolation and not to travel out of their Nation for non-essential purposes. While the Province of Manitoba plans on opening non-essential services, precautions in each Nation remain in place to ensure COVID-19 does not enter their Nation. Members, please respect the rules and precautions your Nation has in place.
There are now 289 cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba and 7 reported deaths due to COVID-19. 247 people have recovered, with 35 active cases. As of May 11th, 2020 there has been 31,029 tests for COVID-19 completed.
Please continue to providing safe environments for each other. Here are some tips for members of the FNT2T:
- Social isolate, avoid visits
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently
- Cover your mouth if you have to cough or sneeze; sneeze into elbow or tissue but not into your bare hands, avoid rubbing your mouth and eyes.
- Self quarantine if you think you’ve been exposed or exhibiting symptoms
- Stay away from large gatherings, the maximum number of people recommended for gatherings is 10 people.
- DO NOT expose our Elders or those with weakened immune systems, people with diabetes are vulnerable.
- If you know someone that has travelled ask them to self quarantine and avoid spreading
- International borders are shut down so we could heed this directive at the local level. Many of the Nations have began this process with their entry ways in to their Nation.
- Social Distancing: protect yourself while out in public and maintain a distance of about 2 metres (6 feet) from others.
Schools across the Territory have been closed indefinitely.
Ochichakkosipi First Nation, Dauphin River First Nation, Skownan First Nation, Pinaymootang First Nation, Little Saskatchewan First Nation, Lake St. Martin First Nation, and Ebb and Flow First Nation has restricted entry in to their Nations. Members are asked to refrain from outside travel. Check points have been set up in each of those Nations. All Nations are asking its members to avoid travel and remain in their Nations until further notice.
Please contact Health Links at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257 (toll-free) if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. If you have a life-threatening emergency call 911. Stay Safe & Miigwetch!