Our Inherent Rights of our people remain as they were prior to the arrival of other nations and were confirmed and affirmed in Treaty 2, andwe have acted pursuant to those rights in establishing a Government of First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory.
We require laws to protect the rights of our First Nations and their members and that these laws will dictate the manner services and programs are provided to the First Nations.
The development of laws for services and program will require the establishment of specific Secretariats to draft laws and engage the leadership and members to ratify the services laws. Programs and services will be flowed to regional offices.
- Government, Politics & Diplomacy:
- an office responsible for the secretarial, clerical, and administrative affairs of a legislative body, executive council, or international organization
- the staff of such an office
- the building or rooms in which such an office is housed
- a body of our secretaries;
- a director, secretary’s place of work, the office;
- the position of a secretary (manager).
We have established four (4) Secretariats to address and draft laws within the following: