Natural World – Protection Report
Our Protection Report as of 19 February 2019
- Creation of new Secretariat as of 25 January 2019;
- Creation of 5 New Coalitions to Protect territory;
- Continued work on Dauphin Lake Management Plan;
- Protected sites such as Thunderbird Nest at Narrows;
- Creating Conservation Program – Partnership with Manitoba;
- Protection of Duck Mountains – Coalition created with First Nations with Interest;
- Creel Census and Fish Hatchery Management continues;
- Working on Moose Management planning;
- LP’s Licence review with Coalition of First Nations with Interest in Duck Mountains along with Treaty 2;
- Overall Water strategy and protection of all lakes and waters in the Territory;
In full talks(19 Feb 2019)
- CN Rail regarding relationship building. We will keep you posted!
Trespassing in Treaty 2 Territory:
Province of Manitoba; Lands taken up for Immigration and Settlement require compensation.
Manitoba Hydro: Bipole 3 no environmental monitoring, trespassing through lands without compensation.