Land, Water and Resource Council
The Land, Water and Resources (LWR) Council is to operate when the Grand Council is not in session. The LWR Council works within the governance relating to all conservation, stewardship and management of Land, Water and Resources of Treaty 2 territory, as authorized by the LWR Environmental Protection Act.
The LWR Council duties and responsibilities include: Oversee the process of drafting the LWR Environmental Protection Act, and Regulations. The process shall include consultation with First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory(FNiT2T): adoption, implementation and administration of said legislation.
Commission expert studies, Environmental Impact Assessments, review reports, make recommendations, draft laws, by-laws and regulations pertaining to stewardship and management of Lands, Water, Flora and Fauna in Treaty 2 territory. Oversee and direct senior officials in discussion and negotiations on the behalf of the LWR Council with Canada, Manitoba, industry and business.
Each member Nation appoints one individual to the Council.
- Dauphin River – Owen Stagg
- Ebb & Flow – Darren Mousseau (Chair)
- Gambler – David LeDoux, Chief
- Keeseekoowenin – Brad Burns
- Little Saskatchewan – Albert Shorting
- Lake Manitoba – Preston Swan
- Lake St Martin – Chris Traverse
- O-Chi-Chak-Ko-Sipi – Trevor McDonald
- Pinaymootang – Brian Sanderson (Vice-Chair)
- Skownan – Ken Catcheway
- Tootinaowaziibeeng – Shane Pierce-Lynxleg