Equaawuk (Women) Council
The Council of Equaawuk advise andis mandated by the Grand Council. From time to time the Council shall meet with the Council of Chiefs and Executive Council regarding the matters at hand.
A member from the Equaawuk’s Council is selected to participate at all Executive Council meetings.
Our Equaawuk Council will take lead on Child and Family and restoring family first strategy. Our Equaawuk are strong vibrate supporters of our traditions and values within our Nation. The support of our Equaawuk will be able to restore traditional ways of bringing back our strong Nation.
Each Anishinaabe member Nation appoints one individual to the Council.
- Ebb & Flow: Vacant
- Dauphin River: Vacant
- Gambler: Vacant
- Keeseekoowenin: Robin Nabess/Allison Mckay
- Lake Manitoba: Bev Paul
- Lake St. Martin: Vacant
- Little Saskatchewan: Vacant
- O-Chi-Chak-Ko-Sipi: Vania Dumas
- Pinaymootang: Lana Thompson-Racette
- Skownan: Charlotte Nepinak
- Tootinaowaziibeeng: Marlene Ironstand