The Women Council advise, and make recommendations with the Children, Families and Nation and Health and Wellbeing Circle and Committee along with being part of the Law-Making body of the Nation through the Governing Council.
With the guidance and support of our women we will be able to restore the interrupted ancestral matriarchal structure and ancestral ways in order to create a healthier and stronger Nations.
The Women Council is made up of one (1) appointed member from each Local Nation within First Nations in Treaty 2 Territory. The Chairperson of the Council is part of the Governing Council.
The Council meets a minimum four (4) times per year.
- Ebb & Flow: Margaret Racette
- Dauphin River: Yolanda Thompson
- Gambler: TBA
- Keeseekoowenin: Allison McKay
- Lake Manitoba: Bev Paul
- Lake St. Martin: Lilian Morse
- Little Saskatchewan: Elva Sinclair
- O-Chi-Chak-Ko-Sipi: Vania Dumas
- Pinaymootang: Lana Thompson-Racette
- Skownan: Charlotte Nepinak (Chair)
- Tootinaowaziibeeng: Victoria Ironstand