Ikwewak (Women) Council
The Ikwewak Council advise and is mandated by the Grand Council. From time to time the Council shall meet with the Council of Chiefs and Executive Council regarding the matters at hand.
Our Ikwewak Council will take lead on Child and Family and restoring family first strategy. Along with our strategy, they will work with our newly established Children, Family, Community, Nation Wellbeing (CFCNW) Secretariat under our Government of FNiT2T.
Our Ikwewak are strong vibrate supporters of our traditions and values within our Nation. The support of our Ikwewak will be able to restore traditional ways of bringing back our strong Nation.
Each Anishinaabe member Nation appoints one individual to the Council.
- Ebb & Flow: Margaret Racette
- Dauphin River: Vacant
- Gambler: Kelly Ledoux
- Keeseekoowenin: Robin Nabess
- Lake Manitoba: Bev Paul
- Lake St. Martin: Vacant
- Little Saskatchewan: Elva Sinclair
- O-Chi-Chak-Ko-Sipi: Vania Dumas
- Pinaymootang: Lana Thompson-Racette
- Skownan: Charlotte Nepinak
- Tootinaowaziibeeng: Jackie Ironstand-Bird