Ikwewak (Women) Council
The Council of Ikwewak advise and is mandated by the Grand Council. From time to time the Council shall meet with the Council of Chiefs and Executive Council regarding the matters at hand.
A member from the Equaawuk’s Council is selected to participate at all Executive Council meetings.
Our Equaawuk Council will take lead on Child and Family and restoring family first strategy. Our Equaawuk are strong vibrate supporters of our traditions and values within our Nation. The support of our Equaawuk will be able to restore traditional ways of bringing back our strong Nation.
Each Anishinaabe member Nation appoints one individual to the Council.
- Ebb & Flow: Margerat Racette
- Dauphin River: Vacant
- Keeseekoowenin: Robin Nabess
- Lake Manitoba: Mary Maytwayashing
- Lake St. Martin: Vacant
- Little Saskatchewan: Elva Sinclair
- O-Chi-Chak-Ko-Sipi: Vania Dumas
- Pinaymootang: Lana Thompson-Racette
- Skownan: Charlotte Nepinak
- Tootinaowaziibeeng: Marlene Ironstand