The Council of Elders, from time to time, review Onankonehkawin, and provide recommendations and guide the Council of Chiefs and Executive Council in their deliberations. The Elders participate at all meetings to ensure decorum and give guidance.
A member of the Elders’ Council shall be selected, to participate at all Executive Council meetings.Governance review and order will come from the Elders. Our Elders will assure we are following traditional and modern laws to move our Nation forward.
Each Anishinaabe member Nation appoints one individual to the Council of Elders.
- Ebb & Flow: Louis Malcolm
- Dauphin River: Emery Stagg
- Gambler: n/a
- Keeseekoowenin: Harry Bone/Warren Bone
- Lake Manitoba: Dwight Paul
- Lake St. Martin: Clarence Morse
- Little Saskatchewan: Earl Sinclair
- O-Chi-Chak-Ko-Sipi: Rose Beaulieu or Morris Mckay
- Pinaymootang: Wilma Prince
- Skownan: Elsi Marzden
- Tootinaowaziibeeng: Robert Ironstand