Treaty 2 Territory – Tuesday, March 24th, 2020, today we have no cases of COVID-19 in the Territory. Many of our Nations have restricted outside visitors to their Nations. Members of each Nation are asked to exercise self-isolation and not to travel out of their Nation for non-essential purposes.
There are now 21 cases of COVID-19 in Manitoba. Zero cases in the FNT2T. Please continue to providing safe environments for each other. Here are some tips for members of the FNT2T:
- Social isolate, avoid visits
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently
- Cover your mouth if you have to cough or sneeze; sneeze into elbow or tissue but not into your bare hands, avoid rubbing your mouth and eyes.
- Self quarantine if you think you’ve been exposed or exhibiting symptoms
- Stay away from large gatherings
- DO NOT expose our Elders or those with weakened immune systems, people with diabetes are vulnerable.
- If you know someone that has travelled ask them to self quarantine and avoid spreading
- International borders are shut down so we could heed this directive at the local level. Many of the Nations have began this process with their entry ways in to their Nation.
- Remember: protect yourself while out in public and maintain a distance of about 2 metres from others.
Please contact Health Links at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257 (toll-free) if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. If you have a life-threatening emergency, call 911. Miigwetch!
Last modified: March 24, 2020