Treaty 2 Territory – The 2020 Winter Games met in Pinaymootang First Nation on Tuesday, January 14th, 2019. Information packages are currently being sent school with the 9 nations of the FNT2T. The games will be held on February 26-29th, 2020 in Pinaymootang.
- 30 participants per nation to compete in 4 sporting events
- Events: Badminton, Basketball, Hockey, Snow Shoeing
- Participants from each school will be put in to a draft type selection for their teams. There will be no nation vs nation competition, instead there will be friendship building with all our youth.
- There will be 4 teams for each sport event made out of all participants from the 11 nations of the FNT2T. Venues & Schedules will be finalized with the Winter Games committee within the next 2-3 weeks.
- Age categories are: 12 – 14 years old, and 15 – 17 year old, male & female.
- Each nation must be able to provide the transportation for participants, chaperones, anyone from the school/community who may be interested assisting as an official or referee.
- Registration & Sign Up forms will be shared and sent to each nation school by January 22nd, 2020.
- Winter Games will provide accommodations, meals, and fuel costs for participant transportation.
Communications Keeper Ray Mousseau and Sports & Recreation Keeper Lana Racette are attending each nation to meet with the schools and local nation helpers to share the information on the games for all nations participating in the 2020 Winter Games.
Please check back for updates and information. Follow us on Facebook at ‘Anishinaabe Agowidiwiinan’ or on our website at treaty2.com. Miigwetch!
Last modified: January 16, 2020