Treaty 2 Territory – The Government of First Nation Treaty 2 Territory would like to announce the following position;
Job Title: Language Camp Youth Coordinator
Proposed Start Date: 3-month term, start date August 12, 2019
Wage: To be discussed at interview process
The Language Camp Coordinator will conduct and organize language camps for various age groups in various locations in the Treaty 2 Territory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates with the Director of Life Long Learning the objectives as set-out in the Education Partnership Program work plan;
- Plans, organizes and oversees the language camps;
- Assists with the planning and implementation of camp activities;
- Provides ongoing direction and feedback to camp volunteers;
- Performs administrative tasks necessary to support the language camps;
- Assists in the development and distribution of resources to camp attendees;
- Ensures supplies and equipment are ordered and maintained during the duration of the language camp;
- Travel as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates must possess the following skills and attributes:
- Must be between the ages of 16 and 29;
- Fluency in the Ojibway language is a definite asset;
- Post secondary education in recreation or related field, or comparable qualifications or work experience;
- Experience in managing a program or project;
- Experience working with First Nations and awareness of the cultural, economic and education aspirations;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work as a team player;
- Highly motivated and ability to work in demanding and fast‐paced work environment;
- Exceptional organizational and time‐management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines;
- Self‐motivated and ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe language and understanding of culture and tradition an asset;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence and own vehicle.
Please Apply by Tuesday, August 6, 2019 (Cover Letter and Resume):
Anishinaabe Agowidiiwinan—Treaty 2
Box 1254, Lake Manitoba First Nation
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Last modified: July 29, 2019